LifeLine Encourages everyone to Volunteer:
Requirements to become a Volunteer at LifeLine – 24 Hour Counselling Volunteer:
- You need to complete the required training programme consisting of a 13 session Personal Growth Course and a 10 session Counselling Course.
- You must be 21 years old and older.
- Please note that attendance of LifeLine’s training programme is not a guarantee that you will become a LifeLine Counsellor. Attendance of the Counselling Course is by invitation, once you have completed the Personal Growth Course. There is also an assessment process post completion of the counselling skills training and the practical component of the counselling course (titled the co-pilot programme).
- You need to be 18 Years or older
- You must not have experienced a recent trauma or major life change (within the last 6 months)
- You must not have a history of substance abuse
- You must not have a criminal record
Please contact your closest centre to become a volunteer.